Friday, November 7, 2008

The Vetta-POD X3 Connection


The Line 6 Vetta and the Line 6 POD X3 provide comparable rigs for those guitarists who want a huge palette of tones within reach, at an economical price. The Vetta has been my mainstay amp with XONE for the last 5 years, and I love it. But for those ready to jump in now, with Line 6’s modeling, the POD X3 is the latest, greatest product from the Chatsworth, California company.

I still love and use my Vetta HD weekly, so there’s no reason for me to buy a POD X3. But If I was in the market for a new rig, then the POD X3 would be at the top of my list. Combined with a good power amp and a quality 4x12 cabinet, the POD X3 Live would provide a guitarist with an immense store-bank of tones and sounds that can change in a millisecond to polar opposites. That may sound quite technical,
and that’s because the POD X3 is complex and technical.

If you don’t intend to tweak unique, original patches yourself, then this unit that features two completely separate signal paths won’t do you any good. Each signal is independent of the other and can be effected in any way by the user. From Boutique amp models, to classic Post-Effects, POD X3 users can create a myriad of new tones for their music needs.

The Vetta can’t do 2 separate signal chains at once, but rather pushes both amp channel signals through a combined Post Effects chain, where modulation, delay, and reverb use the same variables for each amp signal. If I just lost you, then maybe buy a Marshall or some Boutique Dream Amp, which has 2-3 excellent tones, and doesn’t require much tweaking.

But if all this made sense to you and you’re considering the POD X3,
then “Go For It”!! I recently have been helping a friend learn how to use his POD X3 Live. While I am having to learn a new interface, the concepts are very similar to the Vetta, so we are getting somewhere quick.

One thing is for sure, the POD X3 sounds excellent!!!

No comments: